Thursday, July 17, 2008

Salt Lake trip



Our trip to Salt Lake was amazing! We went to Lagoon and met up with most of our cousins there. We got Jaron to go on the Wicked. I must say it is a crazy ride, so fun! We stayed in a hotel for a portion of it - which means, SWIMMING. On my birthday - yeah my 30th! We hiked Mt. Timpanogas. The kids loved it. I didn't remember as a kid the hike being so steep. Whew, but then again, I am sure that kids don't feel pain, cold or tiredness.

Then the Hill family reunion started. We went to Thanksgiving Point to the gardens and the Dinosaur Museum. Spectacular! There were some fun things for the kids to do and very hands on. For the reunion, we also put together 72 hour kits that were chuck full of great stuff. Not to mention the lovely port-o-potty. Wish we had that when we were squatting a few weeks ago while camping. We also got to do a tribute to (great)Grandpa Hills life. He is 89 and still truckin'. He is an amazing man. Then it was topped off with the Arnold reunion (Johns cousins), where we all went swimming again

We also got to be with my brother and sister for some good ole' Leatherbys. I have never had better hot fudge or fry sauce in my life (all 30 years of them). I could literally drink the stuff. So if you are ever in Salt Lake they are located on 5400 S. and just West of Redwood Rd. Now you are in the know of one of the best secrets!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm sad I missed you. Happy belated birthday!!!

Melanie said...

Connie,
Next time you're in town. Give me a call. I'd love to see you!

NT Weekes Family said...

FuN Stuff! LoVe the slide show! :o)
Happy Birthday! ~ Now we can be OLD FARTS together!